CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Wild Alaskan salmon caught in the Pacific?

softballgal Views: 998
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 760,051

Re: Wild Alaskan salmon caught in the Pacific?

Hi Ynaig:

I don't think you offended Invincible, she's a good sport.
I used to eat salmon all the time -- it was my favorite fish...
Then I learned on this site about the plight on the environment and the "yukkiness" of farmed salmon and I decided never to eat farmed seafood again!

I discovered a fish called the Orange Roughey(OR) at my local Ralphs.
It was truly a delicate and delicious treat. If you guys havent had one of these, you simply MUST try them. Only later did I learn about the roughey, thanks to google. The OR was unknown to man before 1985. The reason is that they live 800-1200 feet below the surface of the water off the coast of Autrailia and New Zealand and until about the mid-1980's there did not exist nets sophisticated enough to harvest the fish from that depth. Here's the thing that really got me, the average OR lives to be 150 years old. To me that means that when I dine on its sumptuous meat, I'm probably eating a fish that's older than me. (45) Wow. But one things for sure, ORs are always labeled as "Wild caught" for obvious reasons. Now I eat OR with reverence. Also, I've learned that you should eat ORs only about twice a month because of the mercury accumulation. Check out this wonderful and eye-openeing site:
lots of info there about your favorite fish and what's safe to eat.

Love you guys!
Nancy

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.531 sec, (1)