CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Are supplements okay to use in general?

chardy Views: 1,847
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 768,549

Re: Are supplements okay to use in general?

My opinion follows Shelleys, get your vitamins from your food (or natural food sources like B vits from yeast derived products), but with minerals you can have very good supplementation (brands like Solaray, Solgar etc) because they can be quite hard to get in your diet depending on symptoms / history / calorific intake.

It all very very much depends on your circumstances (as mentioned with anti-biotics!) and what you're trying to do. Eg. if you're a vegetarian you may need to supplement B12 and iron for example, if you dont eat dairy / eggs you may need a calcium supplement.

My rule is vitamins from your food (with exceptions) but minerals can be supplemented (in the correct way, understand mineral interactions etc). juicing is fantastic according to tolerances and knowing how to consume them (carrots with some form of fat, adding spices to juices to heat them to aid digestion). Be sure you watch your body and dont oversupplement, most things are NOT safe for long term supplementation!

I dont see cod liver oil / wheat germ oil as supplements, really. They're staples in my diet according to time of year and nutritional intake.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.531 sec, (1)