CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: --answer-- Dark Greens Food Combinations

softballgal Views: 1,338
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 783,606

Re: --answer-- Dark Greens Food Combinations

When I was a young adult of 20, I met my future in-laws for the first time. They live in a northern cold weather state reknowned for cold and snow. I was visiting in the winter and snow covered the ground. I was looking forward with anticipation to the dinner meal.

The Mrs. put on her snowboots and coat and trudged out to the frozen family garden out back, reached below the snow, and pulled out some greens. She brought them in and prepared a pot of greens and turnips. Later, she sat down to enjoy a huge bowl of the veggies. I turned my nose up at this food and opted to go out for pizza and chicken wings. (Hey, I was young and stupid!)

25 years have passed and both the in-laws have developed a very bad daily drinking habit, basically getting sloshed every night, but they have continued to eat greens from their garden everyday, in all seasons. Now in their 70's, they have outlived siblings and live with no delibilitating diseases. I'm just amazed at that, its gotta be 20+ years of eating greens from the garden.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.359 sec, (1)