CureZone   Log On   Join
I'm sure it can get better.

JosieW Views: 5,686
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 8,020

I'm sure it can get better.

Positive it can.

I wish I could tell you how, though. :/

I have a few thoughts. First, I agree with john that after 4 months I'd expect to see some improvement on the raw foods diet. Personally, I'd drop that diet, especially for such a young child. I met a girl recently who was studying ayurvedic medicine. The theory, as she described it to me, was that all foods must be eaten cooked, even fruit. That, yes, some nutrients are lost when cooked, but if you can't digest the nutrients (with eating raw foods), it doesn't even make sense to eat them raw. Also, that since different people have different nutritional needs, diets need to be customized for optimal health. Now I believe that digestion is very very key in eczema (as aunty describes), so it makes a lot of sense to me. I haven't set up a consultation for my daughter yet, but I will if I can't get a complete handle on her eczema very soon.

Now, since your daughter's eczema is so severe, what I would do is seek out some kind of relief for her - acupuncture, herbs, even hypnosis, just something to help with the itching so that she (and you) can take on the bigger task of healing her eczema.

That's how I'd approach it.

I've only personally known one person whose child had such severe eczema as you described whose child completely just "grew out of it." It is possible.

Good luck. I know both john and I can totally empathize, as we've both watched our children suffer from itching and eczema.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

4.027 sec, (1)