CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: anyone else in same situation, does it get better

curlyzone Views: 5,573
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 8,020

Re: anyone else in same situation, does it get better

Hi, I would like to recommend you something that stopped my itching: oil of oregano.

Oil of oregano should be from wild oregano. As far as I know the highest quality oil of oregano produced with the wild oregano as the source is from North American Spice and Herbs. I used this brand it helped me a lot when I rubbed it on my skin, it even cleared some of my patches. I used the Super Strength formula from that brand. Since the oil of oregano may burn the skin a little, and since your child is so young I suggest you buy the regular formula, not the super strength one. Even with the regular formula you may want to dilute it with olive oil if it burns your child's skin.

You can find oil of oregano from your local health food store. I did find it there but I ordered my oregano oil online since I found the same brand cheapest online at vitacost.com

I hope your child can get relief from oil of oregano. And again I emphasize that oil of oregano should be used carefully on the skin, and it should be diluted if you are using it on a child's sensitive skin. You may even test it on yourself before applying it on the child.

I found the best relief from itching by using oil of oregano. I apply it on my eczema patches after every shower. And have seen great improvements. I had two large patches of eczema on both lower legs. The one on the left leg is totally gone. The one on the right leg has healed a lot, but not totally gone.. That area was suffering from eczema for the last 7-8 years. I am hoping that in time that area will clean up as well.

I am also drinking homemade kefir since September (the same time that I started applying oil of oregano on my skin). I realize that homemade kefir (which is a great probiotic) has improved my digestive system a lot and this may also have helped me in my healing progress. Homemade kefir is something that you can give to your child by making fruit smoothies etc. I am guessing that a child would like it's taste. Kefir is sold at health food stores but the highest quality kefir is definitely the homemade one. I am a student and yet I ferment kefir everyday and drink it during breakfasts, and I find that it is very easy to prepare it.

I wish you good luck, and hope that you will see improvements in your child's situation.

Edit: I just read that your child is allergic to cow's milk. So may be you can prepare it using organic goat milk, just an idea. I've been reading that goat's milk is not as allergen as cow's milk (don't know why).

Also I may suggest you to make research on coconut oil. I've been reading about it lately, and have decided to switch to coconut oil as the cooking oil. It is andi-fungal, so it is supposed to reduce the growth of fungus/bad bacteria in the gut. Make your own research, and maybe coconut oil is something that may help you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.422 sec, (2)