Yes. It is actually difficult to get an RX for this. It can be dangerous, and I suspect that is from toxic over-load. This drug is also effective for parasites.
If you can get it, you would have to experiment with doseages [under the strict supervision of the doctor]. The nastiness it causes the body is demonstration of the affect it has on the pathogen.
If the symptoms are overwhelming, then I would use a weaker Antibiotic for a longer term. There is a risk whenever you use Antibiotics , so before going this route, I would be sure they test all your vital functions esp. the liver, pancreas, ect.