CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Binge eating and Candida

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
mackenzie2 Views: 9,316
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 805,818

Re: Binge eating and Candida

Saying "stop it" to myself has really helped me with negative thinking. (I don't say it out loud, just very firmly and adamantly to myself like a parent to a child and with the same look in my eye that a parent has when correcting a child.) I used to have negative thoughts about a number of things that I would repeat over and over in my head. When I learned this technique, I started counting the number of negative thoughts I was having and noticed them going down substantially. When I first started counting the negative thoughts, I was surprised that I would have the same negative thought as many as 15 times or more an hour. That number declined over the several week period I began using this technique until I no longer had the negative thoughts at all. It was very freeing and made me feel like I was in control of my thinking. Alhtough I've never tried it for negative behavior, I would hope that it would at least be helpful. I do have a jaundiced view of candida, though. It wants to live as much as we do; the only issue is who will win out--the candida or us. This introduces a new factor--a living orgnism is having something to say about our behavior (eating) which may make it more complicated. But still, the same issues of quality of life or at stake, and it's as important to exercise dominance over the candida as it is over our negative thoughts and behavior. So, hopefully, it will help.

Do you think allowing yourself a little more leeway during your diet may help? I try to be as good as I can about my diet, but when I find myself feeling too deprived, I let myself have a little cheat (not much, but just a token off-food to help me get past feeling so deprived.) I did this this morning when I decided to have my eggs on a small piece of buttered toast. This seems to help give me the "umph" to start again at my diet without feeling the same level of feelings of deprival. By giving myself a little leeway, I am so much more compliant about the diet overall, so it's a positive trade-off.

But please be tender with yourself. Christmas is the worse time of year to be strict with a diet and the sun light we receive each day to brighten our spirits is less, making it even harder.

Best wishes!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

2.236 sec, (2)