CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: anyone else in same situation, does it get better

impakdita Views: 5,235
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 8,020

Re: anyone else in same situation, does it get better

What you and our daughter are going through sounds really similar to what my mother and I went through while I was growing up. All my life, I have gone through hospital after hospital, doctor after doctor because of my skin and allergies. When I was little, my mom said that I was diagnosed with topical dermititis with eczema, along with many allergies to mother nature and foods. The allergies changed as I grew, but I remember times when I was younger where I would wake up and find my skin covered sores that split open from me itching myself all night. They would be primarily on the back of my knees, thighs, and the front of my elbows. I would do this without knowing, causing my mom to sleep with me and wake me up to make me stop. At one point, she strapped me down because I wouldn't wake up when she would tell me to stop. The doctors gave me all kinds of lotions to help with the dryness... from lubriderm, eucerine, aquaphore, to this lotion that was given to me when I was about 13 that had some type of acid ingredient in it. Growing up, I couldn't go swimming, wear shorts or short sleeves even in the summer, couldn't play outside with other kids, and couldn't do much of anything that involved the outdoors because I would always come back with rashes or something. As I got older, the reactions changed and seemed to have gotten better. I am 23 years old now, and still have numerous amounts of allergies in both mother nature, chemical, and food. I dont have rashes on my legs or arms as much as I used to anymore, and they aren't so dry as long as I continue to apply lotion. My allergies have stayed the same since I was about 15, with a few additions here and there.

If I compare what was going on then to now, it has gotten better. I never went to a nutritionalist or anyone specializing in diet. I always went to an allergist who gave me allergy tests and based on that perscribed me specific lotions for my skin, and even put me on allergy shots at one point in time. From the time I was 7 years old to about 9, I couldn't eat anything with corn in it... including corn syrup. If you ever look at the ingredients of 99.9 percent of what is in stores and being served... they have corn syrup in it. I basically ate things my mom could only cook from whole foods, and drank water. I couldn't even drink any type of juices unless they were squeezed by my mother herself. So, I can understand the frustration of having a specific diet based on allergies.

I have heard that children that experience this typically grow out of it... which is what happened to me. From my personal experience growing up, it will get better... i promise you. I dont recall ever getting tested for the metals, but there were so many things they did that I can't remember all of them. Staying away from the foods and elements that she showes positive reactions to, as well as decreasing the itching and inflammation with cold compresses can help ease her discomfort and help her get better. Most of the lotions that were perscribed to me were mixed with medications that helped decrease the itching, so that seemed to help me a lot. Also, explaining to her that itching will not help her and that she must try not to, or to tell you when it itches could help her control the itching by herself. It is difficult, espcially for someone so young.

I hope that you both see better days, and that your daughter's condition improves. Hang in there...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

1.063 sec, (2)