CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Content is NOT the issue.

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
More
fledgling Views: 2,023
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 818,093

Re: Content is NOT the issue.

Maybe I should have said 'lack of content', or 'lack of training to think'...something.

I agree with you so often, Grace. But I got where I am in my head by 'the seat of my pants'...not academically.

I was always a reader, and often a would-be writer.

A famous author told me, personally, not to use commas...it turns off the people of today.

I've also been called 'retro', and 'idealistic'.

'Idealistic', absolutely...else why bother?

And, how can a living person be 'retro' when it is what they experienced...what they live even today?

As for dropping the commas, if someone doesn't write it, how will readers ever know?

The way I write, including spelling as best I can, communicates in the clearest way I know how.

I was taught that 'shorthand' writing was an affront to the reader. ...That one should not 'put down' the recipient of one's writings in any way.

That's a tough custom to change!

Sometimes I write in a 'familiar' style, and I even sometimes act silly. Still, regard for those who bother to read me is most important.

Smiling to myself here...I had a grandmother who called my boyfriend 'Mr. Smith'. And a neighborhood mother my own age who told me that she preferred the local children to call her 'Mrs. Jones', even when she was a happy-go-lucky type.

Trapper asks us if we continue to do things we know are 'wrong'.

I'm not certain that life is quite so cut and dried as that. I prefer to think there is room for growth through warmth and understanding...or pleasant silence.

I agree 100% with your comment...

How many times have you seen a debate digress to where the person who was losing the debate comes up with “You can’t spell X therefore you can’t think and therefore you must be wrong” nonsense.

But, such an exchange isn't a 'debate', either. 'Debates' have rules. It is an honor to be on a debating team...because true debators make their points with clarity and grace, within guidelines.

Real debates don't shed blood, however fatal the thrusts.

It is only in debates that we may point out the 'better way', to a person's face, within the rules of common courtesy.

Still, I appreciate your points about speaking/writing styles and 'communication', since it is better for would-be writers to know reactions to their words.

Got it!

Fledgling

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.859 sec, (2)