CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: please explain this about mirena side effect?

lorax Views: 19,848
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 850,559

Re: please explain this about mirena side effect?

I had my Mirena for 3 1/2 years. The fisrt year I had very short and light periods. They completely went away over the past 2 years. I just saw an ob/gyn this past few weeks and she thought nothing of my having no periods. Most of my symptoms did not start right away (at least that I can remember-memory loss has gotten worse.) I did not even realize until finding this site that I had been experiencing symptoms such as migraines, back ache, Acne (my husband always blamed the mirena for my acne,) moodiness, lethargy, lightheadedness, depression, yeast infections (I just found out that is what it was but it was not like a yeast infection I had a long time ago-no dishcarge,) nauseua, irregular breathing-it would feel like shortness of breath when I was just sitting and watching TV. I have been feeling this last one for a while.
I don't think the lack of periods is a good thing. I have always liked it but I am wondering if it is why my symptoms got worse over time. Since the body is not flushing this hormone out every month, I wonder if the hormone slowly seeps into the blood stream. Since it is not being ingested, it does not get processed through the liver which may make it worse maybe? I am not a doctor but I also know doctors do not know everything.
Anyway, I had mine removed 2 days ago and I feel 100% better. The moodiness/ Depression is gone. I have not had a headache or backache since. The "fog" has lifted from my head. Only time will tell if these symptoms -which I believe they are- are gone for good.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

1.203 sec, (1)