CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: can one use coconut flour just like regular flour?

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
pirate Views: 3,791
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 858,446

Re: can one use coconut flour just like regular flour?

I just bought a book from Amazon.com called Cooking with Coconut Flour. In the book the author states that because coconut flour reacts differently than normal flour, she would only recommend you use 25% coconut flour in each "regular recipe".

I made choc. chip cookies with a friend yesterday who is gluten intolerant. I wanted to use my coconut flour (for the first time), so we experimented. I used the regular Nestle's choc. chip recipe which calls for 2 1/4c flour. I usually only use 2c of flour because I like my cookies thin. So we used 1/2c coconut flour, and 1 1/2c rice flour. We definetly needed more liquid so I threw in an extra egg. To our delight the cookies came out perfect! You couldn't taste the coconut and they tasted just like cookies made with regular flour.

The book I bought has recipes using only coconut flour exclusively. I have not made any of the recipies from the book yet.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.543 sec, (1)