CureZone   Log On   Join
Iodine and Peroxide

drhiii Views: 1,983
Published: 14 years ago

Iodine and Peroxide

Is it possible, advisable, to puts a few drops of Iodine (or for that matter, mercurachrome or similar agent) in a peroxide mix before applying it to a wound? Reason for asking is my wife just came through surgery with stitches and the order notes said to just clean with peroxide daily. While we certainly do this, having had such extraordinary good fortune with iodine, mercurachrome, etc... in the past, I wondered if placing a few drops in peroxide would be a good thing, would it be counter? Don't know.

It has been far easier to sterilize a dropper bottle and use the eyedropper to place peroxide on the site, then dab it off with sterile gauze. In the hospital, gauze or Q-tips were used to treat the site. We find that 'dropping' peroxide gets into the stiches faster, more easily, and covers the area better than a Q-tip. Hence, the question about lacing it with Iodine or some such idea? I've not heard of this, but it tweaked my curiosity. Thoughts anyone?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.359 sec, (1)