CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Woo f'n hoo, it's outta me!

kim.leethal Views: 1,234
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 883,770

Re: Woo f'n hoo, it's outta me!

It's outta me, too!!! I, however, did not have such a pleasant experience. My NP came in and told me first that she wasn't going to remove it, because I had only had it for 3 months. She then started yelling at me, saying, "do realize how much this costs?" I qualified for federal assistance, which covered the IUD. I told her that I did realize the cost, but that the last 3 months have been absolutely miserable. She asked me what was going on, and I began describing the side effects, which it seems most people are having. She said that was normal, and that she didn't want to take it out. I said that I had been doing research, then she told me that I shouldn't be doing that, because everyone is different. If everyone is different, why is she telling me that what I'm going through is normal? And, for that matter, why is it that everyone on this site is experiencing the same side effects as me? I told her that I had a weeks worth of absolutely NO sleep after the insertion, and she said, "and what does that have to do with anything?" I said, "I don't have a problem sleeping, otherwise, and nothing else in my life had changed at that time." I told her about the extreme cramping for the entire 3 months, the constant bleeding, the spotting, the back pain, the fatigue, the heart palpitations, the anxiety. She said that the bleeding and the cramps are normal, and suggested that the rest was something else wrong with me. I was totally appalled. I ended up telling her that I wasn't leaving until she took the thing out.
She then told me, "Fine! Scoot down to the stirrups! She shoved the speculum in, yanked it out, shoved it in my face and said, "There! It's out! Hope that fixes everything!" She immediately threw it in the garbage and stormed out of the room. Later she came in and threw 2 boxes of emergency contraception at me and told me to go check out.
I have never been more upset in my life. What? Does the fact that federal assistance was used for the procedure outweigh my body and how it was affected? Does the US now have total control over my uterus? I think not. She treated me like I was an idiot, which I most certainly am not. I am an educated woman. Not to mention the fact that I am a taxpayer, which is where the money for that federal funding comes from anyway. I will not be going back to that facility ever again, and I most certainly am sending a complaint to their director. I had a feeling that I would get a little resistance, but this was rediculous. I can't believe that money would come over my health/happiness. I hope that other people have a better experience than I did.
As for my body now...I have never felt better!!! That whole situation went down yesterday morning, and I felt better AS SOON AS SHE TOOK IT OUT. That's the thing. I was angry about this after the fact, but all I could think while she was yelling at me and shoving that thing in my face was, oh my gawd I can't believe this is over! I have wanted that thing out since the minute they put it in. My back pain ended immediately. I'm talking, right there on the spot. I feel great. I slept solid for the first night in months, and I actually feel rested and ready to go today. I haven't felt that in a long time. No cramping, no bleeding yet, and god was it good to wake up, feel good and get in some awesome (and painless) morning sex, using nothing but a good ole condom!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

8.017 sec, (2)