CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: short fasts... checking in

alizzah Views: 1,376
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 883,934

Re: short fasts... checking in

Hi Lauray,

First of all, congratulations on taking the steps to move out of your current "angry household," I know how living with someone like that can severely impact daily life and drain you of your emotional energy. I firmly believe that emotional health is more tied to physical health than we want to admit, that in itself may give you the extra mental "boost" you need to be able to complete your 5 day fast.

However, being a newbie at this sort of thing, I'm curious if your body really needs 5 continuous days of fasting. If you're currently living on a raw living food diet, then you quite possibly have a very clean system already, and I don't see how 5 days of continous fasting would be any more productive than several two day fasts. Is there a chance that you're quite thin and your body is just telling you that 5 days is just too long to go without nutrition? I don't know you or your personal statistics, and like I mentioned, I'm new at this...however I'm very "into" natural curing and while I'm not a raw-foodist, I did switch from vegetarian to Vegan on January first and prefer to make health-consious choices so I read and read about things (such as fasting) before I actually try them.

Either way, it seems like you're being a little hard on yourself. From what it sounds like, you already take better care of your body than most people would ever dream to, and eating raw takes tremendous amounts of willpower in the face of modern society where you're constantly confronted with advertisements and pressure to eat picture-pretty yet body-detrimental rich and fast foods. I think you should be proud of your two day fasts and congratulate yourself on a job well done, and then look forward to the next try; rather than feel like something is wrong because you're not doing 5 days.

Well, hope the move goes well and that you're feeling better over all.
Take care,
Alizzah

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.625 sec, (1)