CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: help-they won't take it out!!!!

Kabel Views: 13,742
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 900,740

Re: help-they won't take it out!!!!

I am SO sorry you are getting all these problems just to take the thing out of you.
Yes, the leaflet tells you some of the main stuff, but if you want to look at all the side effects and concerns, go to...
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001706.html
it not only gives the normal side effects but the Warnings too. I was able to show my doctor this section..quote..
"You should inform your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms while you have Mirena coil fitted: MIGRAINE OR SEVERE HEADACHES, stabbing pains and/or unusual swelling in one leg; pain on breathing or coughing; sudden breathlessness; sudden severe chest pain; SUDDEN WEAKNESS OR NUMBNESS AFFECTING ONE SIDE OR PART OF YOUR BODY; increase in blood pressure; yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundince); severe abdominal complaints, severe depression; or if you become pregnant"
Symptoms in capitals are the ones i had. My doctor actually listened to me and though she hadnt had a patient with those symptoms before, was worried, and decided to take it out there and then. There are other symptom warnings on that website too. It is not the only site that gives you that info either. Maybe if you print it all out and highlight your symptoms, it may help persuade someone. And it will prove the possibility that your probs are caused by the Mirena.
It is a nightmare to not be able to get this out. I am not American and don't know how your laws work, but do you have Human Rights laws in America, like we do in Europe?? Because over here, if a doctor refused to take out something that was causing bad effects and we wanted it out, i suspect there would be a case of calling that "Abuse of Human Rights" or Implied Assault. Maybe you could talk about your human rights to the manager of the hospital or clinic and see if that does anything...Some women have got so desperate they have taken the mirena out themselves, but i would NOT reccomend this course of action because the mirena could be in a dodgy position in your uterus and you might tear things inside you and create even more problems. I really do feel for you, noone should be in this position. Absolutely scandalous. Please let us know how you get on. Thinking of you XX

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.938 sec, (2)