CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: help-they won't take it out!!!!

rmax Views: 13,305
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 901,346

Re: help-they won't take it out!!!!

mommi i forgot to ask earlier if he was part of a dr's group or if he had his own practice at the same building when you had it put in. if he was part of a group, you could try all of these things on that group. considering he was part of the group when you had it inserted, the group might could be considered responsible as well. i know how frustrating it is to need something done and not have insurance. we havent had insurance in over a year, except for this past march. me and the kids had medicaid, which is why i suggested it earlier. their pretty good when it comes to child care and pregnancy coverage, but after the pregnancy coverage ends, your just about screwed. i got my mirena right before my pregnancy coverage ended, but it wouldnt have mattered bc they would have covered for me to get it put in anyway. after the pregnancy coverage ends, they only cover bc. that's all. when i started having problems with the mirena, i called and was told that they would not pay for it to be taken out. this was in february, i couldnt get int o see the dr until marhc anyway, bc our insurance wouldnt start until then. my appointment had to be postponed bc of a natural disaster, and when i finally got in to see the dr, i found out that medicaid would pay for it to be taken out. the people had lied to me when i had called. and i wouldnt have known this if my appointment had not been delayed. they would cover it if i was having problems with it that's it. if you just wanted it out, no they would not cover it. i was very thankful that mine decied to come out by itself. and now i hate the fact that the only way they will cover my bc is if i go to the health department to get it. or so i was told anyway, which i found out was a crock as well. they will pay for you to get your bc from the pharmacy if the prescription is prescribed by certain dr's. they wont cover the prescription from my dr, but they will a prescription written by his father. so i was told. i have yet to find out bc im not using my bc. the lady iheard this from was in the same situation you are in. she had no insurance, except medicaid, and she had to go through this big whole mess before medicaid would let her go see the dr to get it removed. she first had to go to the health department and get them to try and take it out first, which if it was me they wouldnt have been able to touch me in the first place-its's just nurses and no dr's, and it doesnt help the fact that ive never had a good experience at the health department for anything anyway. so she was having issues as well in getting it taken out, but at least she could see the dr and he was willing to take it out for her. i dotn know what else she had to go through in order to get it out, i only saw her that once.

this may have been off the subject a little bit, but maybe it will be helpful. and i know it doestn help the fact that it has made its way into your uterus. i am sincerely hoping that you can find a way to get it taken out quickly and easily.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

5.015 sec, (2)