CureZone   Log On   Join
Q Re: kelp quality

rhema Views: 1,452
Published: 15 years ago

Q Re: kelp quality

Hi, Moreless,

I have to ask this question. I know you plainly state to use a good quality cold water kelp and yours comes from Norway.

Before I ever found you on curezone I had 3 pounds of kelp powder on hand that was harvested in Maine, USA from Seacoast Vegetables (I was not taking any though).

How do you tell whether one's quality of kelp is good enough (other than with a refractometer)?

Here is a quote from Seacoast Veg's website:

"The Harvest begins in early April, with snow pack often still on the ground and the shallow coastal inlets still frozen. The low tides of October bring us our last dulse--if we're lucky! All plants are wild and most are certified organic."

(My reasoning for asking is because, Maine is so much further south than Norway is so I'm thinking the water can't be as cold as Norway's and thus the kelp can't be as good quality .... or could I be mistaken in my belief there -- or it may be one of those things that is not as it appears?

Thank you for all your responses, Moreless. I feel like I am now on the right track for my physical health, thanks to you!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.282 sec, (1)