CureZone   Log On   Join
Infection Question???

Views: 806
Published: 14 years ago

Infection Question???

My friend just got back her stool analysis. She takes tons of probiotic, but her counts of good bacteria was still in the low range.

Lactobaccili +3
Bifidobacteria +6

The interesting thing was that per her test, everything was in the lower range, except the Mycoplasma sp. That was off the chart at +21. Everthing else tested fine (no Candida, no parasites, no h. pylori etc), all bad bacteria seems to be very limited and w/in norm.

My question is this, they listed Mycoplasma sp. under the non pathogen area, I have never heard of this before, especially since everything else was so low and she had tons of Mycoplasmas in her system. Almost like it is the predominant sp. in her flora.

Also, would this mean she has a Mycoplasma infection??? Unfortunately, the test only listed Mycoplasma sp, and did not give the species breakdown. She had IBS-A, stomach problems and urinary problems.

I read that one has to do a specific blood test to detect Mycoplasmas, haven't read that one can use a stool analysis, so not sure as to the validity.

Has anyone else had a stool analysis showing the Mycoplasma count??? The low range on the test was like +1.3, hers was +21.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.283 sec, (1)