CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Costochondritis help

lara_mc Views: 22,274
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 891,406

Re: Costochondritis help

hi

I too suffer from costo and I was told by my doctor that it can come and go. My experience of it is as follows.

I had my first attack 5 years ago. I had 5 or 6 excruciating attacks over about a 6 week period. then it went away

It went away completely for 4 years!

then I had another set of attacks and I felt really poorly with them. About 5 attacks again over about 2 months. awful!
Went away totally for a year.

Now I have started having attacks AGAIN over the last 3 weeks and the doctor has given me a stong anti infammatory. I am still getting attacks but they are minor not major, however still very upsetting. I cant take the drugs long term so i am hoping that they will subside....however I believe it can be ongoing like in your case, or recurrent like in mine.

Anyway, wanted you to know, I understand how you feel, and I hope to find ways of coping with it and minimising it, i am going to try massage i think, but if you hear of anything else then do let me know.

good luck

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.328 sec, (1)