CureZone   Log On   Join
MH, can I have your opinion?

magic_glitter Views: 2,395
Published: 16 years ago

MH, can I have your opinion?

Hello MH! :)

I haven't had a period for about 4 years due to a low weight because of my diet. I was 90-100% raw vegan for a number of months recently and was on a very pure diet for a long time before that (fruits and veggies, mostly - the veggies were all steamed and drizzled in olive oil, and a lot of juiced fruits as well as whole). Recently I have been including more cooked food into my diet (ie. brown/wild rice perhaps once or twice a month, chickpeas, lentils, sweet potatoes, the occasional slice of sprouted bread, and pasturized organic juice when I am unable to juice - I try to buy Lakewood when available).

I still only weigh around 100 pounds (5'4) last time I weighed myself a few weeks ago, but my period came today for the first time in nearly 4 years. I was on medication recently due to a rather semi-serious injury. I went off the medicine a few days ago (the medicine was to prevent infection to the bone) and I didn't finish the bottle as suggested by the doctor because I felt my body was healing well and I didn't need it - I was also given painkillers, but I only took one and bit my lip the rest of the time, the pain subsided substantially after 24 hours. I was injected with a novocaine like substance to freeze the area while the flesh was re-stitched, so I wouldn't have too much pain. I haven't had any medication for nearly 3 years prior to this - I am 19 years old.

I know you believe that periods are a sign that the body is toxic, and menstruation is the expelling of toxins. Has the medication I was on recently made my body toxic again, so it needs to expel? What's going on?? I'm hoping it won't come back after this month, and it's just a reaction to the medicine. It was a light period, with minimal watery blood and little bloating and cramping, and I used to get VERY heavy and painful periods that lasted up to 11 days before I started cleansing when I was younger. I'm thankful not to have those anymore!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

0.535 sec, (1)