CureZone   Log On   Join
Thin, sensitive teeth

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
  Views: 5,373
Published: 14 years ago

Thin, sensitive teeth

I went to a new dentist the other day, to check into having my mercury fillings removed. I only have two he said, but unfortunantly they are both crowns, which means having the crowns removed and replaced. $1100 each....AAAAAKKKKKK!!! So I won't be doing it anytime soon. :( Anyway, the dentist said that I have gum disease and need to have my teeth scaled. I have this done every couple of years, but he says I need to have it done every 3 months! Does this sound right? Also, he said that my bottom front teeth are very thin, and yes, they are very sensitive-it's hard to put any pressure to my bottom teeth when I brush them-way too tender! Are thin, sensitive teeth caused by gum disease, or from a lack of some sort of mineral in my diet? Or could it be from some supplement I'm taking? I have diabetes, and have always had very bad teeth because of it. My mother was the same way, and she was diabetic. I have always used flouride toothpaste my whole life, which has not helped one bit....I have tons of cavitities, several crowns and root canals, and have just gotten a lot of the teeth pulled rather than going through any more root canals! I've read about how bad flouride is, and how it really does not help prevent cavitives, so I stopped using it. Could not find a good toothpaste that whitens my teeth at all, so I've been using plain old baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to brush my teeth with. Teeth look MUCH whiter now! But now I have this thin sensitive tooth issue! What can I do to thicken up my teeth, and make them less sensitive?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.359 sec, (1)