phxvalleygirl Views: 4,367
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 987,175

Re: Where? EVERYWHERE!

"God is not about sin"

"I can't see COMMANDS when I look in scripture"

????? It's everywhere, cover to cover!

Romans 8

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are a) in Christ Jesus, and b) who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

This is a conditional statement.  The criteria has to be met in order to walk 'in Messiah' with no condemnation.  

If you walk according to the flesh, and have your mind set upon the flesh, there will experience condemnation. If your mind is set upon what the Spirit desires, you will reap life and peace. The law has been written upon our HEARTS if we are IN HIM. We should not sin, because we should have the inner impulse to naturally do what is right and be in line with His commandments. The commands are not grievous - just look thru the NT and you will find command after command. The statutes of the old testament are repeated in the new, if you look for them!

If we sin, we have an advocate--but God is still concerned with sin. This season IS about judgment of the wicked and unbelieving - those who continue to commit their sorceries no matter what:

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Romans 7:12
Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

1 John 2:3
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 2:7
Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

1 John 3:22
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1 John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.500 sec, (3)