CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Where?

Views: 4,027
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 987,228

Re: Where?

Shoot, I'm just thinking about buying a few acres around Crawford, Texas. :-) The Bush ranch is there, now just 20 minutes from my house. I doubt ANYbody would mess with that area, especially with the biggest Army base in the world just down the road. I'd only be 30 minutes (drive time) from the I 35 Corridor, close enough for any UN plan, I would think. I'd work toward a sustainable farm and learn some survival skills. I'd have almost a 12 month growing season. Maybe I'd have some goats, chickens, ducks, dogs, cats... plenty of deer, that's for sure! I'd have an herb garden and already know how to address common first aid and health concerns. I'd be off the grid and produce my own electricity unless/until they stopped me. I'd find a place with a spring fed tank (pond) or two and lots of trees like pecan and Black-Walnut . There's plenty of mesquite and brush out there to burn for firewood, and it smells good when it burns. Lots of oak, too, for woodcrafting... or having a picnic under. I think I'd plant a bunch of fruit trees and berries and flowers to make things pretty. Oleander grows real well here. My kids and parents could come and live with me if they wanted to. I would feel sorry for anybody who tried to eat anything I cooked until I learned how, but eventually I'd figure it out! :-) I'd have a bunch of books to read by the fire or wood stove at night and we could make little plays and performances. I'd learn how to make candles and soap and quilts or something I could trade for help or tools I needed. And at night I'd watch the stars.

As far as the "soldiers (of whatever nation)" coming to take us all to POW camps, it will all be global by then, and if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I'm going to be wise as a serpent but gentle as a dove, love as many people as I can, and enjoy life until my time comes.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

16.559 sec, (1)