CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: I've got CHRONIC ANXIETY.....(HELP) by ndul ..... Candida & Dysbiosis Forum

Date:   10/23/2007 1:52:58 PM ( 15 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,564
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1027192

I suffered from this for years after the birth of my first child. I was chronically stressed and had anxiety about everything. I couldn't sleep and I panicked about everything. I had a friend who lost her child to SIDS and I worried about it happening to my child every time he went down for his nap or slept through the night. I was driving myself crazy with worry. I also had a brother whose child ended up g catching RSV and was hospitalized for months, and I worried this too would happen to my child. I knew in my mind I was worrying about things that didn't need worrying about, but I couldn't help myself. I did a lot of damage to my body during those years of chronic worry. I got my first few wrinkles, gray hairs, and sickness to my stomach, I developed endometriosis, and I came down with chronic sinus infections which I took way too many Antibiotics for and did even more damage to my body. My Mother in Law nagged at me and picked at me about my condition, which worried me further that she didn't feel I was a good mother and I was desperate to once again become "Normal" so I let her talk me into going to my doctor for Prozac. I took it for a month but it made me violently ill, vomiting and losing weight because I couldn't eat, so I went off from them after a month. There was talk amongst my family of it all being made up in my head and that worried me further. I just dealt with my stress/anxiety issues on a day to day basis for about 2 years trying to keep it to myself, but also crying a lot because I couldn't talk to anyone about my problem adding MORE stress. Then one day I happened onto a show called Know the Cause! Watching the show I learned about how candida and fungal overgrowth can cause anxiety and stress. I was so excited to finally find something that made sense to me. On the show I learned a lot of women develop candida during pregnancy and it isn't uncommon to start with the anxiety and worrying after having a child, and I found out there was hope of getting better. I started the diet and started natural antifungals oregano, garlic and olive leaf extract. The supplements and candida diet helped quite a bit with my stress but it never really went away completely. I saw a commercial for an herbal product made especially for stress and anxiety called Proloftin on the Know the Cause show and I ordered it. It worked for me. I felt fantastic on Proloftin. It really calmed me down, but I never felt tired or became addicted in any way. I took it for several months and felt great. I went off from it cold turkey one day just to see if I would be okay without and and haven't needed it since I have gotten my fungal load knocked down. It's a bit expensive (I thought, but worth every penny as it gave me control of my life again) and the only place I have found to order this product is:

http://www.proloftin.com/research_ingredients.php

You may be able to see what products are in this and just order them separately and try to see if you could get the product less expensive that route.

Another product I found helped me out with my anxiety issues was a product called Natural Calm. It is a magnesium drink and it is WONDERFUL for it's calming effects and it really helped me to calm down enough to sleep much better. Be careful because too much of it can cause diarrhea. IHERB.com carries it:

http://www.iherb.com/Search.aspx?c=1&kw=natural+calm

I feel for you. I have been where you are now, and it is an awful feeling being so out of control of your worries. I truly believe once you get your fungal/candida load knocked down you will really feel better. I think I have issues with my adrenals also and am going to try to find a way to support them and get them back into shape again. Good luck.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.30 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1027192