CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: 3jaysmom Re: 2 months in & scared! by jesspills ..... Mirena, Skyla IUD Forum

Date:   5/20/2008 6:39:33 PM ( 14 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,687
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1176972

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I do not want to have a hysterectomy. That procedure scares the hell out of me! My first step is going to be finding a new GYN! Mine is so busy that I've only been able to see the nurse practitioner & I don't like her! She seems to just blow me off like I'm nuts or something. I first went into see her because my periods were gradually getting longer & longer with less time inbetween them. Then I started having really bizarre looking bleeding during sex. Her answer to that was I was either pregnant or had a std and blood was blood it didn't matter what it looked like, but this looked like tissue not blood! I have been with my husband for 12 years & had already taken a pregnancy test so I was like 99% it was neiter of those! Then at the next visit she diagnosed it as just an abnormal cycle & suggested birth control pills. That was my first clue that she had no idea about me or my issues. Had she looked at my chart she would have realized that I cannot take the pill. Then while inserting the mirena I was clenching the bed in pain she asked how many kids I have & looked shocked when I said none! Clue # 2!
I did not choose the mirena for the birth control, but for the hope that it would help regulate & lessen my periods. The birth control was just an added bonus! So I don't know what I'm gonna do to fix that now! I feel like I'm totally losing it. My emotions are all over the place, I'm crying for no reason at all! I feel so hopeless & let down as I had such high hopes for this. My mother had a hysterectomy in her mid 30s because of really really bad periods & abnormal cells. From what it seems that was a very radical & probably unneccessary treatment! Hopefully modern medicine can find a better course of treatment for me as it seems I'm heading down the same road! Has anyone had that procedure where the remove the uterus lining?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.19 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1176972