CureZone   Log On   Join

Mirena IUD by jackie38 ..... Mirena, Skyla IUD Forum

Date:   7/6/2008 8:42:06 AM ( 13 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,440
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1208909

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

I am so glad I found this discussion thread! I thought I was losing my mind. I had the Mirena IUD inserted almost 3 years ago. Because of my age - 45 - and I smoke, the doctor highly recommended this IUD. Since then, I have had no periods, which I thought was wonderful! But about 6 months later, I started to have no sex drive, (which in itself is a birth control!), dryness, weight gain (almost 40 lbs since it was inserted). I have NEVER weighed this much, even at 9 months pregnant. I have mood swings and depression. The doctors put me on antidepressants, which didn't help at all. They never mentioned or discussed the possibility that it was the IUD. I found this thread, about a year ago, called my OB-GYN and told him I wanted it removed and to have my tubes tied. I know I don't want any more children. He told me that this was not true, that the IUD does not cause these symptoms and that I shouldn't remove it. I believe him. Now, another year has gone by, and I will insist that it be removed! I can't stand living like this anymore...

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.11 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1208909