CureZone   Log On   Join

Humaworm for dogs / heartworm? by bagsy ..... Ask Humaworm: Parasites

Date:   3/6/2009 2:20:51 PM ( 12 years ago ago)
Hits:   658
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1370049

I know the humaworm pet is supposed to be given twice a year for indoor dogs and 3 times for outdoor dogs. My dog lives indoors, but a bunch of neighborhood cats roam the area and come into my yard all the time and pee and hang out. So I decided to give Haley the pet wormer 3 times a year. I'm assuming since there are so many neighborhood cats (irresponsible owner) running loose, that they are not wormed regularly, vaccinated, etc.

I remember reading on this forum about maybe a couple different people using the Humaworm for pets monthly as a heartworm "preventative". I contacted Humaworm many months ago and never received a response. I contacted them again earlier this week and haven't heard back. Is there anybody on here who does this with their pets? Do you give it for the 5 days every month? Did someone from Humaworm say it was okay to do this? It's starting to get really warm, and I will probably need to start thinking about heartworm preventatives in a month or so (has to be over 55 -- or something close to that -- day AND night for two weeks for the heartworm transmitting mosquitoes to survive).

Thanks for any help you can offer on this!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.09 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1370049