CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Thicker dog fur from brazil nuts!!! by bagsy ..... Animals & Pets Health Support

Date:   5/19/2009 12:21:02 PM ( 12 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,400
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1422132

That's really interesting. My dog is always looking for new reasons to get more food and treats from me!!! (All healthy, of course) A couple of her favorite treats are dried apricots and banana chips and homemade dried chicken. I will definitely think about giving her some brazil nuts -- IF I can find them in a small enough package that won't tempt ME to eat too many of them!

Her fur was really thick for the first couple years I've had her. I've noticed after her last couple groomings that I can see her skin. Her fur is white and she has pink skin with black spots, so it really stands out. It still feels thick when you feel it, but it's almost like it's thinning out some. This bothers me because I had a dog with a thyroid issue, and her hair became brittle and she lost it in a couple places because of the thyroid and cushings disease. I have blood work done on Haley twice a year so I can keep up on these things. Her thyroid levels were in the normal ranges, but they were starting to bother me. I did start giving her a tiny bit of iodine.

Thanks for the advice on the brazil nuts!!!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1422132