CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: zero carbohydrate by rawlion ..... Ask Dr. Lam: Natural Medicine

Date:   8/30/2009 1:35:01 PM ( 12 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,773
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1481555

For the past several years my friend's diet has been meat and fat only with a ratio (by % of calories) of 68% fat to 32% protein. His type 2 diabetes have completely disappeared.

He kept very accurate records and measured his blood glucose every hour when he was awake and every time awaken during the night.

His protein consumption is about 150g/day. This converts to 87g of glucose and his blood glucose level rise about 25 points over a three hour period and then it would decline to an average resting value (106) over the next 18 hours or so before finally dropping to the original starting level (90) a couple of hours before he ate his next daily meal (he only eats one meal per day).

He also says that everyone that he knows that eats a Zero Carb diet ends up with a very stable blood glucose that is usually right around 100.

The only concern is whether such diet will benefit the already exhausted adrenals, or, to the contrary, would stress them out even more... Dr. Lam, do you think there is any bare minimum of dietary carbohydrates for a person in severe adrenal burnout?

thank you again

Yuri

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.31 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1481555