CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: To steh by kagr ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   7/19/2010 11:39:46 PM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   5,202
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1656455

I have read that you should not take over 20mg of HC because then your adrenals could atrophy and will not make more cortisol later on. I thought the HC was just to give the adrenals a break for awhile, not to function for them totally. Not saying I'm right, as I'm new to all this, but just saying that's what I've read in several places.

I just started on 10mg daily of Cortef about 3 weeks ago. Doc is changing me over to a slow-release capsule because I was getting headaches with the tablets. Should get the capsules in a couple of days.

My cortisol levels are:

morning - 4.7 (range is 5.1 - 40.2)
noon - 2.4 (range is 2.1 - 15.7)
evening - 2.1 (range is 1.8 - 12.1)
night - 0.4 (range is 0.9 - 9.2)

I am slightly in the low range on the noon and evening levels, which is because that day was VERY stressful and I was dosing up on caffeine and energy herbs bigtime!! My morning level was probably actually even high that morning because, like I said, it was a very stressful night the night before and a very stressful day, which will make levels higher. I am hating to be on the Cortef, as I hear some bad things about it, but I am almost non-functional at this point. My body pain is horrible, and the Cortef does help with that.

Hope to hear some feedback.

kagr

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1656455