CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Is anyone out there working/holding a job while on Adrenal Fatigue? by hope4myadrenals ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   7/21/2010 7:40:31 AM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,401
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1657108

Carlosa57, So, I'm 34 but feel like it's time to retire. :) Teaching is (was) a lot of fun. I probably made it too stressful by being a perfectionist and putting too much effort into the whole thing. It became a little stressful to me because I was teaching in an inner city, with some beligerant students. I actually liked that challenge, but the reason I had to stop teaching was because legally, you can't leave the classroom unattended, even if you have to vomit or have diarehha or a panic attack or a hypoglycemic attack, or your eyes glaze over and you're too weak to stand or realize where you are. I got into daily panic thinking I was stuck in the classroom, and what if I needed to step out but couldn't. Unfortunately there are no other adults in the room, and the other teachers can't leave their classrooms, either. I remeber every day standing in my classroom doorway, slumping over, hoping for a stray adult on break to walk by so I could beg them to watch my class so I could rush to the bathroom. The children I taught were young (elementary school) and they became scared each time I went into a crash. Eventually I knew it was unproffesional to expose them to my crashes, plus I ran out of sick days.

So, yes, teaching is a great profession, but you have to be fully recovered from AF!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1657108