CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: iodine questions -- I'm an iodine newbie by just thinking ..... Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team

Date:   8/7/2010 11:31:33 AM ( 12 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,659
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1666286

Maniek's first curezone link seems to address virtually all the questions you raised. I can speculate that since you haven't been taking iodine long, yet have 84% excretion, it's possible your NIS could use a boost. If you're already getting at least a couple grams of vitamin C a day, then you might need a good salt, such as RealSalt, to help with iodine transport. A rough guide is to drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day, with about 1/4 teaspoon salt per quart. Some people take all the salt first thing in the morning, some split it like me -- 2/3 in the morning, 1/3 at lunch -- some salt all their water. I've found salt to be very supportive of my adrenals.

As for hyperthyroid issues, I don't like borrowing trouble till it finds me. With the test results, you can ask yourself -- do they make sense? If not, what are the possibilities? If you had organification problems, the result might have been over 100%. Or, you take iodine for many months and just aren't getting anywhere with it. (That'd be me.) Time then for more emphasis on B2 and B3. Till such occurs, assume that it doesn't make sense (to me) that you'd be almost saturated with iodine with so little supplemented. Get your transport system working better, then see where you are.

And good luck!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1666286