CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Flaxseed Oil and my thyroid by Hveragerthi ..... The Truth in Medicine

Date:   8/28/2010 7:01:00 PM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   16,992
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1679351

Well, I was wondering about this and was going to post a new thread, but I see you're already talking about it.

I take flax oil, but it's in a blend with other oils (Udo's Choice blend with omega 3,6,9 in the right ratio). I take about 1 Tbsp. every day. I use Real Salt. I also take your Adrenal Tonic and New Beginnings. Isn't there a seaweed in there somewhere?

Yes, the Adrenal Tonic contains Atlantic kelp.  The New Beginnings has Sargasso seaweed.

I was wondering if I should be doing something with iodine simply because I keep reading about it. I haven't studied it yet though. But everyone talks about it. Is it just an issue for people with thyroid problems?

Iodine is needed for thyroid hormone production.  But high levels of iodine can aggravate autoimmune hypothyroidism known as Hashimoto's thyroidosis.   Regardless if Hashimoto's is present too much iodine can still be dangerous, which is another reason I prefer getting iodine from plant sources rather than large doses from pure iodine supplements.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1679351