CureZone   Log On   Join

vision problems the opthamologist can't solve! by granolahead ..... Ask CureZone Community

Date:   1/5/2011 9:19:46 AM ( 10 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,983
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1747733

Last July I tried the "Primal" diet hoping to get rid of my IBS. It worked, but I soon developed significant inflammation in almost every joint of my body, as well as blurred vision. I stopped the diet, and the joint inflammation is still there but much less severe. The blurry vision has not improved, however.

I saw an opthamologist, who says my optic discs are enlarged, which could signify the beginning of glaucoma (even though I'm only 27), or it could just be that my optic discs are naturally large. Here are the details of my vision problems:

Peripheral vision is fuzzy. Overall vision is blurred so that it's difficult to keep things in focus - words, etc, go in and out of focus.
Worse when sitting. Better when standing. Worst after lying down.
Worse after drinking a glass of cold water. Worse after a large meal.
Off and on I have a sensation of heat or pressure behind my right eye.
Annoying hyperawareness of eyelashes, blinking, or hairs hanging down in front of my face.
Blank areas in visual field when in the dark.

I initially had the impression that maybe there were fatty deposits or something near my eye causing this, due to the high fat content of the Primal diet, but the doctor seemed to think not. Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this, and how I could reverse it? I would really like to be able to see normally again! Could it be candida? An infection? A vitamin/mineral deficiency?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1747733