CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Where are you from? by Twopolarbears ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   6/25/2012 8:50:52 PM ( 9 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,130
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1956378

Hi jsl123,

Ya, actually it will be 4 months since I left my lips alone (by the end of June). I have noticed the crusts are really thinner but they are on very very slow progress... the crusts now are easily lifted up (starting from the edge of the crusts), which I think it is because it has become thinner, so when they are lifted up too much, I would trim a bit with sterilized scissors. Regarding the lip cleaning, I stopped using any kind of soaps to wash to prevent any irritation. What I use is just clean water to pad some on the lips and let them air dry afterwards.

Now I noticed my crusting areas in the middle (both on my upper and lower lips) have been connected to each other and form a big crust. I don't know if it is a good sign but definitely they are thinner than before. I guess maybe the ways the lip skins heal themselves differ by different people.

I don't expect they will be healed completely that fast as I know how much trauma I have done to my lips before I completely leave them alone (lip picking, overuse of lip balms, high stress level when it breaks out, rubbing off the white stuff as I didn't realize those are the skins for us to heal). So, just be realistic and try to stay positive as much as possible! Like 145365 has said before, celebrate some small changes as emotions did play a great part in our healing process.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1956378