CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Where are you from? by Twopolarbears ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   6/25/2012 11:27:58 PM ( 9 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,138
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1956434

I got ec since September last year and start to leave them completely alone (without any ointment) in March this year. Now looking back, I think it will be healed faster if I start to leave them alone earlier last year. But I only find this forum at the beginning of this year and realize my problem...

Ya, me too, at first, there are several crusts, but now during the cycle, it forms a big crust in the middle on the upper and lower lip respectively. But maybe I have left alone for some time, I can eat and talk right now although it still feels strange and uncomfortable when I'm eating. I think by and by they have regained some elasticity and the big crust starts to show some grooves before becoming hard. So I take that these are all good signs, at least I feel better if I think like this. After the crusts falling off, skin underneath is less raw already compared to the very beginning but it is still more reddish than the non-ec part. It stings for a while after falling off and it is sticky too but the stinging feel is less stronger compared to my time when I always rubbed off the white stuff, and this stinging feeling goes away after a while right now.

Also, am soooo glad to hear that you are from aus as well!! Which state or city you are in? I'm currently in Sydney. But when I got this condition, I was in Singapore so I went to see the dermatologist there, but I haven't consulted any derms here in aus yet. Talking about taking supplements, ya, because right now I'm in my pregnancy so I cannot take any additional supplements at my own will and I cannot be on any diet for the sake of the baby (I still have to take dairy products and red meat etc). I only take Elevit, Nature's own Vitamin B complex and Blackmore fish oil every day and that is also the reason why I did not approach any derms yet. Heard that you are going to the hospital this week, good luck to you and please be extra cautious not to let the doctors do any further trauma to your lips right now. I hope they can really be of any help to our conditions. Keep us all posted on all the progress on the forum :-)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.20 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1956434