CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: progress report by Sherpa ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   10/14/2014 9:03:18 AM ( 7 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,173
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2212008

Klauss,

Congrats on your new job!

I have been misled by test results more than I have been helped. I have had to figure out thyroid and adrenal status by symptoms. I find our condition has factors that standard tests are not designed to pick up.

High T4 and VERY low T3 indicate a T4-to-T3 conversion problem. I had upper range T4 and very lower range T3 (something like 3.0) when a doctor diagnosed me with this problem.

Your numbers don't appear like a "classical low thyroid problem" but rather a kind of "secondary" or "cellular" hypothyroid that is commonly reported by stressed, fatigued people.

I found out that T4 is converted to the active form T3 in the liver. If you have insulin resistance or liver congestion, the conversion can be impaired. I went on a low carb diet (Primal Blueprint) and my thyroid function improved. I had to cut the dose of my thyroid glandular down because it suddenly improved my thyroid function.

I have been trying the Simplified Methylation Protocol (B12 and folate). This also improved my thyroid function. I think I may be able to go off thyroid glandular entirely.

In summary: healing insulin resistance can improve thyroid function. Lower carb, but not too low carb. 100 - 150 grams of carbs seems OK.

Doing a methylation protocol can improve thyroid function.

Low sex drive can be a sign of functional B12 deficiency. Test results saying you are in range are irrelevant - for both thyroid and B12. Go by symptoms, not tests. They are not designed for AFS people.

Sublingual B12 (hydroxycobalmin or the stronger methylcobalmin) can quickly improve sex drive for some people. So can higher dose (5000 i.u.) D3.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.38 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=2212008