CureZone   Log On   Join

Advice please by Lexi2014 ..... Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team

Date:   3/5/2015 2:44:07 PM ( 7 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,131
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2240797

Went to see my Dr today. She wanted to talk about my elevated TSH (15). She said it's pretty high and I need medication. She doesn't want to test T3 or T4 because 'they are not relevant for thyroid health'. She said TSH is what she uses.

She will test my TSH levels every 6 weeks since I refused meds.

She doesn't know I'm taking iodine, she would disapprove.

What I want to know, is how long before your TSH went back to normal range after starting iodine. It was fine BEFORE starting it, went up, supposedly normal according to Dr Brownstein and should go back to normal after a while. Except he doesn't mention how long this 'while' is. So how long was it for you?

Also, the Dr said I should feel pretty bad at this level. I am tired, but nothing so bad that it affects my work or family time. I just don't feel like exercising anymore. I attribute it to the very bad winter we have this year. It's been -34C (-29F) for over two months. And cloudy most days. And…. I did gain weight but I've been eating a lot of ice cream… ;0)

What can I expect? How long before it goes back to normal? Is 15 so bad? Dr Brownstein says it can go up a little. Is this a little?

She also said it could 'just be an infection of the thyroid' and will come back normal. Never heard of that.

Thanks!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.08 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=2240797