CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Help with Iron over load and not able to give blood by BrightSideOfLife ..... Ask CureZone Community

Date:   2/19/2021 10:51:38 AM ( 76 days ago ago)
Hits:   64
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2437928

I also have a genetic tendency towards haemochromatosis and while reading I did see mentioned that Turmeric/Curcumin can help lower body iron levels.

Also be aware that high ferritin levels can indicate high levels of inflammation which could be what is promoting your problem. Therefore look for natural foods/supps to lower inflammation in the body. Cordyceps is very good at doing this but I would check to make sure that it cannot influence iron because I have not checked this.

"If ferritin is high, there is iron in excess or else there is an acute inflammatory reaction in which ferritin is mobilized without iron excess."

"Circulating ferritin is widely recognized as an acute phase reactant and a marker of acute and chronic inflammation. It is elevated in a wide range of inflammatory conditions, including chronic kidney disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis , and other autoimmune disorders, acute infections, and malignancy"

"Additionally, pro-inflammatory cytokines stimulate the production of ferritin, which, in relation to inflammation/infection, acts as an acute phase reactant"

"Circulating ferritin production is increased by the cytokines interleukin-1-β (IL-1) and tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α)"
https://selfhacked.com/blog/high-ferritin-reduce/

Therefore I suggest that you research that to see if it can help you. High iron levels can be extremely damaging and giving blood is the usual suggested method of helping to eliminate it. Also be aware that inflammation is a primary cause of adverse reaction to the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19. Glutathione can be helpful and S-Acetyl-Glutathione is the best and most usable form of Glutathione but it is very expensive. The more the better TBH.

The Selfhacked website has a number of articles on ways to reduce inflammatory cytokines which would be worth reading IMO.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.08 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=2437928