CureZone   Log On   Join

Test results...no "friendly" bacteria by Rachel--24 ..... Candida & Dysbiosis Forum

Date:   8/17/2005 1:15:28 AM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,805
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=291751

I got digestive stool analysis results back today. I tested negative for candida, parasites or other pathogens. Needless to say I'm happy about that but I also have no acidophilus or bifidus despite taking plenty of probiotics. How can this be? Also wouldn't this cause candida to grow?
I tested positive in a seperate test for gluten intolerance, malabsorption and gluten sensitivity genes. This seems to be my main problem and not Candida like I thought. My malabsorption is very bad due to the immune response my body has to gluten. Can malabsorption alone cause me to lose my "friendly" bacteria? I'm still a little worried about Candida but I'm back to eating fuits, bread, pasta, cereal and even candy without any problems. Everything is gluten free though. Apparantly the bad reactions I've been getting were from gluten ingestion and not sugars or carbs. I still think I should take it easy on the sugars and maybe continue with small amounts of antifungals for awhile regardless of what the test results say. I don't want to take any chances. What is the best way to get my acidophilus and bifidus back? Is it useless as long as I have malabsorption going on? I'm just beginning to heal and I've already gained 5 lbs. in less than a week but I don't want to be taking supplements if they're not going to be absorbed right now. Anyone have any advice?
Thanks,
Rachel

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=291751