CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Can I do a Colon Cleanse even though I JUST found out I was pregant? - Stop, Wait! by AnnaBanana ..... Bowel Cleanse Support Forum

Date:   8/21/2004 2:14:40 AM ( 17 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,322
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=455073

Whoa, Candy stop!

Many Herbs are NOT SAFE for pregnant women. DO NOT take that without speaking to a good Naturopathic doctor. You may start by calling the maker of the product who I believe claims to be a good herbalist in her own right, and asking her questions about the safety for pregnant women & babe. Do not let her brush you off, get satisfying answers. It is VERY important that you get medical advise before using any herbs when pregnant. Some herbs can stimulate contractions and flushing of the uterus causing miscarriage. Some can cause other problems effecting the growth and development of the fetus, as well as the health of the mother. Some herbs have toxins, especially those used in colon cleansing and you must be extra careful with these, and some you must avoid altogether. You could look up online each ingredient used in the cleanse you purchased and see if any say specifically to avoid when pregnant. I believe the one you purchase has liquorish root in it which effects the kidneys and may be one you should avoid when pregnant.

Basically I think that the cleanse you chose could be effective and fabulous if you were not pregnant, but you are, and is therefore may not be a safe choice. Adding fiber would be a safer alternative (flax, oat bran,pectin) . You may also be able to safely use Homozon, but check to be sure (Homozon is an effective bowl cleanser and has been proven safe for both old and young, but check to be sure pregnent women can use it too). You should stay away from psyllium because that is not advised for pregnant women, recent research has pointed to possible allergies being caused by this.

Congratulations!!!!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=455073