CureZone   Log On   Join

kefir by anja ..... Parasites Support Forum (Alt Med)

Date:   1/9/2006 7:27:31 PM ( 15 years ago ago)
Hits:   4,681
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=480335

do you make your own raw milk kefir? Do you boil the milk before culturing it? If I could easily get raw milk where I am, I would be making my kefir with it. Right now I'm using Organic Valley whole milk. I've been drinking a cup or more a day the past few weeks, and I'm unsure about whether it's agreeing with me. On the one hand I think I've noticed improved... transit time & peristalsis, but I'm still quite bloated and getting a little of that throat-clearing mucousy thing I usually never have. I typically don't eat any other dairy, and I'm a blood type A. A cold dairy beverage might not be a great choice for my constitutional type, so I am going to start leaving it at room temp for a few hours before drinking it. I've been double fermenting (ripening) a few batches here and there to supposedly increase the B-vitamins & folic acid and cut down on the lactose. I'm also experimenting with other kinds of "kefir," like the kefir d'uva made with grape juice, but I'm still not sure about the Sugar content in it. I've noticed that when I leave it a little too long, it gets alcoholic enough to make me a little buzzed (I'm very sensitive & don't drink, so...)

Anyway, just curious about your kefir methods.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.16 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=480335