Current Update (Another Terribly Long Post) by Embarassed Undergraduate ..... Body Odor Forum
Date: 9/28/2004 6:05:03 AM ( 18 years ago ago)
I am still here and checking in daily. I have come to a conclusion (of which I have yet to convince myself of):
Perhaps the one week two months ago when I truly, legitimately smelled the fecal odor I had constipation that I was not aware of. I normally have a daily movement (and am now again), but I know for a fact that was not happening that week. Is it possible to be constipated and show no other symptoms (i.e. no gas, pain, cramping)?
Because I have immense social anxiety/general anxiety and hypersensitivity to smell, I have been on red alert for ANY odor that is less than pleasant. I cannot get this fear of smelling out of my head, and therefore, I spend all of my waking time constantly smelling everywhere. I assume this is not how normal people breath, in general.
I no longer smell any fecal odor, and as I previously said I never smelled anything on my skin or clothing. I am still obsessively paranoid that I DO smell to others, even if I cannot smell it.
So, that is my theory that I hope to eventually believe.
What I have been doing to eliminate this odor (or pseudo-odor):
- Eliminated ALL soda without even a second thought
- Eliminated at least half dairy intake (no milk at all)
- Switched back to Degree Powder Scent because I felt the stronger Arrid XX Fresh Scent gave me this musty smell
- Dial Antibacterial Body Wash
- Back to ALL Free & Clear
- 5 days straight of epsom soaks (30-60 minutes each)
- One day fast with the epsom/saline drink to clean bowels; I have absolutely no idea if this helped odor, but it did feel so incredibly good to eliminate all that waste (at the end it was nothing but water, which I hope is normal)
- Drinking 1-2 gallons of water every day
- 2 tablespoons wheatgrass powder with tomato juice everyday
- 2 tablespoons 100mg chlorophyll everyday (not doing this now)
- 2-4 Fiber Choice daily (no psyllium)
- Baby wipes for perineal cleansing after movements
- Still taking My-Lanta once daily because I have developed horrible and rancid gas (from the wheatgrass and chlorophyll maybe?)
- 2-3 tablespoons diluted apple cider vinegar daily (already had Bragg's)
- Stopped taking Yasmin (birth control); essentially broke my heart to do this after suffering for 10 years with crippling menstrual cramps and chronic pelvic pain and this is the ONLY thing that has ever relieved them (and I mean completely)
The two most recent things I have done:
- Today was my first day back to class, after not going for almost two months, and I was so paranoid during the whole time. After class, I swallowed every ounce of anxiety and asked the girl next to me if she thought I smelled. She told me that I definitely did not smell and she was not super-quick or super-slow to respond, which makes me feel somewhat better. Of course that would be an awkward question to get from a stranger and I have no way of knowing if it was honest. It still made me feel more at ease, for today at least.
- And finally, the most important thing that I should have done months ago...I called and scheduled an appointment with my psychiatrist that treated me for my eating disorder. I have finally reached a breaking point with my anxiety and realized I absolutely have to seek help. I have tried for years to overcome my social anxiety and general anxiety myself, but I am just so exhausted psychologically and physically of living in my own mental prison. She is such a wonderful doctor that I feel so comfortable with that I think I may ask her if I smell.
I also need to schedule a follow-up appointment with my OB/GYN, who is also a wonderful woman, and I hope I can get up the courage to ask her.
Oh, is anyone familiar with H.Pylori? I read about it somewhere and I was wondering if it is something I should consider seeing a physician to inquire about. I did suffer from a stress-induced stomach ulcer (supposedly) about 2 years ago, which I took some medication (Nexium) for but never finished the prescription.
The main reason I wanted to post though is to thank you all for you comments. You have no idea how much it means to me that someone else cares enough to share support and suggestions to an anonymous stranger. I thank God everyday that there are people like you to help others through a difficult time.
<< Return to the standard message view
fetched in 0.42 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=558619