CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: you people will get it eventually!!!!! by docbonzai ..... Relationship Support Forum

Date:   8/18/2004 4:57:39 AM ( 18 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,813
URL:   https://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=666747

You're hearing me all wrong. This isn't a matter of defensiveness, nor do I waste my time with "these kinds of women" as you so insultingly insinuate.

I am also not trying ti pass my own values on others, as these are not VALUES nor are they a matter of MY personality. This is a matter of going beyond cultural norms. And I KNOW FRUED, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. He brought up numerous points that people STILL AND ALWAYS WILL think were either sick, disturbed, or innapropriate thought processes. There is a reason thinkers like him, Goffman, Blau, Kierkegaard, etc. still have bearing in today's psychological research. Freud brought up a point that will never be accepted due to it's 'weirdness' about the innate and unavoidable attraction of a man to his mother. This sounds disgusting, and all-out perverted, yes. But this is an example of thinking outside the box of our accepted cultural norms.

Now, if you still want to live in your world, that's fine. But DO NOT EVER ACCUSE ME OF BEING DELUDED. I speak from a perspective of open-mindedness, and you are speaking from an opposite objective.

I know what you're thinking, too. You're still thinking that I'm being defensive and am making accusations. Quite the contrary. I come here to share with ALL OF YOU my life's work in research, and you all snap back at me without even considering the points. All right. I will accept that.

Just, from now on, try to open your mind to the possibility that what is "right" in society isn't always "right" for you. As such, open your mind to the possibility that your behavior (as based on nature as much as nurture, though nurture to a much greater extent) is not as cut and dry as you would like to believe.

Just TRY to open your mind, as it is YOU who is on the defense. Are you scared of realizing something about yourself that you didn't want to know?

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=666747