CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: GMO Environmental Safety

Dquixote1217 Views: 2,111
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,702,941

Re: GMO Environmental Safety

Karlin -

Thanks for posting that.

Besides the dangers to aquatic insects and the fish that feed on them, the presence of GMO content in streams is a huge concern because it will result in even more spread of GM content throughout a food chain that we sit at the top of.  There has been ample evidence of how harmful GM foods are in the rest of the food chain and thus it is very likely to be harmful to us too.

In addition, we have already seen studies of how GM content in soy transfers to human gut bacteria and how the GM content reproduces itself.  In the case of soy, the GM content is to make it "Roundup Ready" so that the GM soy (which is estimated to be in up to 91% of the soy food products in the US) not only has the GM genes that transfer but likely also an abundance of herbicides.  Now, what if GM corn that was created to produce its own insecticide does the same thing and creates permanent insecticide factories in our guts?

I feel a new article coming on . . . which would not be the first time one of your good posts led to an article (and I thank you for that).

In the meanwhile, I will post content from another website at the top of the page which you may very well want to add to your list.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.531 sec, (1)