CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Intestinew and SAMe- what do you think?

jso Views: 4,124
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 560,989

Re: Intestinew and SAMe- what do you think?

In terms of waiting for stuff to work, I don't know about that. When I took probiotics, I felt the die-off only a few hours later and I would get really sleepy. This is probably for two reasons - 1. I was taking a highly potent one that was of high quality (Kirkman Labs) and 2. my liver was already overloaded, so any extra burden on it would shut me down. But it showed me that it was good stuff. When I took VSL#3 or Custom Probiotics, I didn't get this same reaction or as much. Also, when I started taking Odex, I noticed that I had to pee a lot more and my digestion improved. This happened after one day. I realize that if you are taking psyllium or something like that to do a colon cleanse, then the colon isn't going to get cleaned in one or two days. But for things that have a chemical effect on the body, I generally expect to see some kind of result, either in digestion or energy levels or something, within a few days tops. I am admittedly somewhat impatient, so sometimes maybe I could wait stuff out, but also, sometimes it's not the right time to introduce something, i.e. before doing any liver detoxing, they say you must clear the exit pathways first, meaning the colon and kidneys. Now that Odex has seemed to have helped my kidneys, I am ready to attack the liver.

As for the SAMe, I don't know. I started it yesterday and have taken 3 tablets of 200 mg (Jarrows), but it has really given me an upset stomach. I don't know if this is because it is in tablet form (I have problems digesting tablets) or because my body is just rejecting it or if it is cleaning out my liver and as these toxins are being released from my liver in the form of bile, they are irritating my intestines. But regardless, it's made me run to the bathroom like 5 times today. I think I will take a break for awhile. Maybe this is not what I need. I was thinking of taking Silymarin, but it's hard to find a brand that is of high quality or high potency. Vit-immune looks interesting because I was looking for something like that. It is a bit expensive, but what I've found is that usually (and I stress usually) the more expensive stuff is, the better it works. I know price doesn't equal quality, but it seems that in the world of homeopathics, this is somewhat true.

Also, if money is short, at least you can improve liver function with your diet. The brassica family is high in glutathione. So eating foods like broccoli, cauliflower and I believe asparagus will definitely help your liver out. I notice this following days that I eat california medley (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots). Best of luck and please keep updating because I too like to hear about progress and what things work and don't work.

Interesting article you might want to check out about detox:
http://www.drmartingallagher.com/pdf/NutriNews_June02.pdf

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

10.516 sec, (2)